Express Entry, is an immigration system used by the Canadian government to manage Canadian PR application to fill the labor gaps through economic immigration. This system is used to identify, communicate and select skilled/qualified applicants. Express Entry Program manages a pool of ready skilled workers. The program is designed to facilitate express immigration of skilled workers.
The acceptance of the invitation and positive assessments of the application grants the applicant, along with the accompanying family members a Canadian Permanent Resident (PR) status.
What are the benefits of the Express Entry Program?
- The system is identified to be efficient in processing time, with 80% of applications processed in 6 months or less
- It systemically favors qualified immigrants and is more responsive to regional labor shortages
- It fast processing and connects the foreign skilled worker to the labor market so they can contribute towards the growing economy
Step-by-step guide to Canada Express Entry Process from India
Listed below are the steps for Canada PR through Express Entry Program:
- Step 1. Find your NOC (National Occupational Classification)
Know your NOC code to match your current or former work experiences. Your work experience must fall under any one of the skill types –O, A, B, C, D, and verify to be eligible for the Express Entry Program.
- Step 2: Get your ECA (Educational Credential Assessment).
Your foreign (non-Canadian) educational credentials need to be assessed. This has to be pursued by the candidate to prove that your foreign education is equivalent to that of the Canadian educational system.
- Step 3: Take your Language Test (English or French)
To be eligible for Express Entry Program, language proficiency is an indispensable factor to determine eligibility. On the basis of the results of language tests, express entry points are awarded on the profile.
- Step 4: Check your eligibility for the Express entry program.
Check your eligibility to secure a minimum requirement to apply for Canada PR through the Express Entry program.
- Step 5: Calculating your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score
The score obtained on CRS is used to rank you within the express entry pool. The points are awarded based on the candidate’s credentials like age, language proficiency, work experience, etc.
- Step 6: Getting into the Express pool
Once you have checked your language proficiency and received your ECA certificate for eligibility to come to Canada, create an express Entry Profile, and get into the express pool.
- Step 7: Receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA)
When you have obtained CRS cut-off points, you will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA), which allows you to submit your application.
- Step 8: Acknowledgement of Receipt (AoR)
After you have submitted the application, an AoR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) will be given to you, which indicates that the application is in process.
- Step 9: Getting your CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Resident)
Once a successful evaluation of the application is done by IRCC, you will be issued CoPR, which gives a confirmation, that you have become a permanent Canadian resident.
- Step 10: Preparing your landing in Canada
Learn all about Canada, its cities, healthcare, the educational systems, and other to-do lists.
We at Dream Country Visas provide transparent services to our clientele. Candidates desirous of exploring the greener pastures of Canada can get in touch with our experts. We ensure to apply all our professional skills to bring out the best possible immigration solutions to Canada.